All published articles, sorted in reverse-chronological order.
- Cloud-Native Unreal Engine: Vision and Status
A vision of the Unreal Engine as the world's first cloud-native game engine and the progress that has been achieved to date.
- The Windows/macOS/Linux Triumvirate
A humorous interpretation of three Elder Scrolls deities as an allegory for a trio of popular operating systems.
- Idiosyncratic argument parsing behaviour in Unreal Engine 4
Prior to 4.21.0, the command-line parsing logic in Epic Games' Unreal Engine 4 deviates from standard conventions in unexpected ways.
- Building Docker images for Unreal Engine 4
How to build both Windows and Linux Docker images for Epic Games' Unreal Engine 4.
- Cross-platform library integration in Unreal Engine 4
A proposed workflow for simplifying the integration of third-party libraries into projects built with Epic Games' Unreal Engine 4.
- AST Instrumentation (examples by language)
How to perform AST instrumentation in numerous programming languages.
- Matching source-level CFG basic blocks to LLVM IR basic blocks
Source-level Control Flow Graphs (CFGs) generated by Clang follow the same structure as CFGs composed of LLVM Intermediate Representation (IR) basic blocks. With a little effort, we can create a mapping between source-level CFG basic blocks and their corresponding LLVM IR basic blocks.
- Playing MIDI files using custom soundfonts
Methods of playing MIDI files using custom soundbanks, without the use of a music sequencing application.
- How to play Module Music
How to play tracker/module music such as old game soundtracks.